This is the first time i’ve ever had a mushroom burger in my life and let me tell you i’ve been missing out on something good! This was delicious! My recipe is vegan, dairy-free (obv) and gluten-free!
Shiitake Mushroom Burgers
ingredients (for 2 people, cut in half for 1)
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms (or you can use portobello), stems off
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 red pepper
- dairy-free cheese
- 4 slices of red onion
- buns (I used gluten-free)
- any other extra toping you want (guacamole, tomato, ketchup, mustard, vegan mayonnaise, etc)
- place the mushrooms in a dish (remove the stems)
2. pour the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, salt and pepper in the dish and mix it well together so the mushrooms are evenly coated
3. let it sit and marinate in room temperature for 30 minutes
4. meanwhile, chop your red pepper into 4 flat pieces, your cheese, 4 pieces of onion, lettuce and any other extra toppings you want
5. after the mushrooms are marinated place them on a grill (on medium heat), along with the red peppers and onions and grill for 7-10 minutes
6. then flip them to the other side and grill for another 7-10 minutes
7. if you want cheese then when there is 2-3 minutes left of cooking, place the cheese on the mushrooms so it can cook and melt for the remaining time
8. when everything is cooked place the mushroom (with cheese), red pepper and onion on a bun, add the lettuce (and any other topping you want!)
so healthy & delicious and the perfect compliment to….
Sweet Potatoe Fries!!
these ones are smoked paprika bakes ones! I just love smoked paprika and I’ve been reaching for this spice a lot lately!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- about 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of pepper
1. take a clean sweet potato and slice it into wedges
2. lay the wedges on a pan and sprinkle the salt, pepper and smoked paprika on top
3. add the extra virgin olive oil on them
4. mix well and evenly coat with your hands
5. lay the wedges on a non-stick baking pan
6. bake them in your oven at 200°C/400°F, 35-40 minutes
7. when they’re done cooking, take them out of the oven, place them on a plate and add your favourite dipping sauces (ketchup, mustard, vegan mayo!)
I really loved them and they go well with so many dishes! They taste so good, they almost seem bad! But they’re not! they’re baked and healthy and full of vitamins!
I made them again tonight actually with a beautiful avocado, tomato sandwich, if you follow my social media you know what I’m talking about! ^.^
Loved this meal! You will too!
(As seen in this video:)