Here’s a recipe for when you get home a little late from work or school, and you want to whip up something healthy and filing fast!
You just need a few ingredients and about 25 minutes, and you’ll have a big bowl of steaming hot, yummy, comforting, waist-friendly soup. This recipe can be made vegan or vegetarian, just choose the option pertaining to your dietary requests. ♡
Ingredients (serves 4 big bowls):
- 1-2tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large celery stick (or 2 medium/regular sized) *the celery is so big in Japan, so I used 1 but in Canada I’d use 2*
- 400g of broccoli
- 1 litre of vegetable broth (or chicken broth if your prefer)
- a bunch of fresh mint
- non-dairy vegan cheese (or ricotta cheese if you aren’t vegan)
- black pepper
1. Peel and chop the 1 clove of garlic into small pieces
2. Chop up the celery (it doesn’t have to be too small)
3. Chop up the broccoli (again it doesn’t have to be too small)
4. Heat up a big pot with the olive oil inside and then add the garlic and celery and cook it until it becomes soft (about 5 minutes)
6. Once it’s cooked add the broccoli and the soup broth and bring it to a boil. Cook it for 5 minutes
7. While it’s cooking finely chop your mint leaves (leave about 6-8 pieces out for garnishing later).
8. After the soup is cooked (after 5 minutes) add half with half of the chopped mint to a blender and blend it on soup mode (until it becomes puréed)
9. Add it back to another pot, then take the other half and purée it too, then add it back into the pot.
10. Pour the soup into a bowl and add some garnishes if you like!
*Can we take a moment to appreciate these bowls* I just bought them at Flying Tiger for only ¥400! I love copper anything!
Ok let’s continue…
To make a pretty garnish;
First add your vegan cheese (or ricotta cheese), then drizzle some extra virgin olive oil, some fresh cracked black pepper, and a few fresh mint leaves.
If you don’t like cheese you don’t have to add it, it still tastes good, just a bit lighter and less creamier
And enjoy!! It’s really so good and so so easy to make!
I had 2 big bowls of this, then 3 mocha for dessert (✧✧)/
I recommend this one if you’re trying to loose weight, or you just want something satisfying and healthy!
Let me know if you try this recipe and if you like it! #LookTay
Have a nice night or day, wherever you are!
And yay for Leo finally getting the Oscar~! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑ I think I’m going to watch his movie tonight now!