Yesterday I made Gluten-free pizza from scratch! I was craving pizza, but I wanted to have a healthier alternative.. and home-cooking is always healthier since you can control the ingredients, fat, calories.. so I decided to make it myself.٩(｡•ω•｡)و
How to make it♡:
- 3 cups of gluten free flour ( I used 2 cups brown rice flour + 1 cup corn flour + 3/4 tsp xanthan gum… other flour options: tapioca, 100% buckwheat, other gluten-free flour mixes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar (I used 1 package of the sugar substitute “Xylitol” here to make my pizza sugar-free and save some calories) (^.*)
- 1 1/4 cup of warm water
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Yeast (ordinary baking yeast is gluten free!)
- tomato sauce: I used an organic tomato pasta sauce that had a little basil and garlic in it
- toppings: anything you like!: I put cheese, onions, green peppers, and olives. Remember: The more veggies and colours the better!
- preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and 3/4 cup warm water. Let set for 5 minutes to activate. Sprinkle in the sugar (or sugar substitute) a few minutes in.
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour blend, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the yeast mixture to the dry mixture. Add the olive oil and additional 1/2 cup warm water before stirring. Then stir it all together until well combined.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil and put your doth on it. Using your hands and a little brown rice flour if it gets too sticky, work from the middle and push to spread/flatten the dough out to the edge. You can make it as thick or thin as you like.. I made mine quite thin.
- Put the pizza in the oven to pre-bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until it begins to look dry. Cracks may appear, but that’s totally normal (rice flour is different from wheat flour).
- Take it out and put some pizza sauce (I put quite a lot to give it more moisture), your cheese, then your desired toppings. Cook it in the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the crust edge looks golden brown and the toppings are warm and bubbly (maybe your oven will cook it faster so watch it).
- Cut it up & eat it!!
⭐︎If you make this, tag me in your photos on twitter or instagram so I can check it out!⭐︎
My instagram: instagr.am/taytay_xx
My twitter: twitter.com/iamtay_tay