Alright, many of you asked how I lost a lot of weight, and I’m happy to share that with you ^.^ so here you go….
**oh by the way, I’m not a dietician or anything.. this is just the plan I followed to loose weight before!**
Back then, my mom was doing a diet she got at her gym so I decided to read her little booklet and try it too.
I remember these main points that I followed:
1. portion control: The amount you think you need usually isn’t correct. For me anyways, my eyes were bigger than my stomach; meaning I wanted to eat everything I saw, and as much as I could pack in, but my stomach didn’t actually need or appreciate it.
1 portion of meat is about the size of your fist or a deck of cards, that’s all you need per meal.
I would fill my plate with half vegetables then 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbohydrates (pasta, rice, bread, potato, etc).
2. Have 3 main meals and 2 healthy small snacks in between to keep energy levels up.
3. Don’t eat carbohydrates after 5pm. This rule works for me sooooo well. If I want to loose a few extra pounds fast, this is what helps me. So If I couldn’t eat an early dinner I would just go for some protein and vegetables.
4. Don’t eat 4 hours before sleeping. for example, if you sleep at 12, don’t eat after 8pm. My main struggle and reason I kept weight on is I would always snack while watching tv around 9pm..a whole bag of chips, cookies, whatever, then I would go right to bed and while I was sleeping I wasn’t burning many calories so it all turned to fat. If you’re really really hungry (which you’re probably not, it’s a mind/habit thing.. then snack on fresh vegetables, a good choice is celery of cucumbers)
5. Try to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise daily… it could just be walking, if you can play a sport or go to the gym & do some cardio + light weight lifting/ body weight exercises. I went to the gym about 4 times a week I think, I also played some sports for fun like soccer and basketball. If you are super busy….actually NO, that’s not an excuse.. do you go on Facebook or instagram?? if you are spending time on that and you like that then great, go on Facebook AT THE GYM ON THE TREADMILL!! you can also do little things to your daily routine, such as; take the stairs instead of the elevator, park your car further away and walk, or walk to school/walk home, help your mom with chores, ride your bike to places instead of driving, etc. Every little bit counts!!
6. Drink more water. Water is super good for everything; your skin, your mind, it flushes out toxins and does so much inside your body. And a lot of times when I would think I’m hungry, I wasn’t I was just bored, or maybe even actually thirsty. So a trick I use is when you think your hungry, stop yourself from grabbing food, drink a glass of water, wait 15 minutes, if your still hungry then go for a healthy snack, but maybe you weren’t actually, or maybe you’ll need to eat a little less.
7. Avoid all fried foods and junk foods. bake, steam, try fry, or BBQ your food with little to no oil/butter. I totally cut out butter at that time..I thought of it as vaseline…so that helped me to stop eating it haha. Try to stick to foods that aren’t processed and packaged, full of sugars and fats. instead snack on fresh fruit, nuts, rice crackers, healthy bars, etc. Your skin will get better because of this too.
8. I had 1 ‘cheat day’ a week… so 6 days I ate really healthy and strict and 1 day I ate what I wanted. If I didn’t have this day I may have gone crazy or gone off the diet. Also, in social situations it’s hard to avoid… for example if you’re at a party and their are ordering pizza for dinner. So, if you know you are going somewhere on say Friday, and the food won’t be very healthy..then make that your cheat day and every other day eat strictly healthy.
That is all my tips! I didn’t do any extreme diet or cut out any food group at that time. Now my diet has changed a bit; I don’t eat red meat anymore, but I do eat carbs after 4pm…if I feel I’ve gained a bit of weight then I do still stop eating before 8pm. I don’t have the ’1 cheat day rule’ I eat quite healthy everyday, but if i do want some junk food i just have it and it doesn’t really affect my weight because i’m usually very healthy. Actually now, when I eat junk food it makes my body feel like junk so it kinds of turns me off of it. I can definitely notice the difference in my body’s response and energy when I put in healthy nourishing food compared to processed junk food.
oh another tip! clear out your cupboards… if you have the junk food there you will go for it. Because when your brain is so used to getting a lot of sugar & fat it will still crave it for a while, and you may feel tired and crave it more at the beginning. If you remove those tempting foods you won’t eat them. And stock your fridge with healthy foods and snacks that are ready to grab. If you live with your family or someone else who is still eating unhealthy ask them to put all the bad food in one cupboard and lock it, or hide it from you. Better yet, do it with your family. I did it with my mom, and it was easier because we could support and encourage each other. Try it with a family member or friend!
and try to keep busy. If i’m not busy i’m always thinking about food…what am I going to eat next? Try to get out of the house more and do things to distract your mind..or if your in the house clean your room, write a journal/blog, read a book, anything!
Remember, no one is perfect, and I slipped up many times. Don’t worry about it, if you do, just get back on track right after and keep going!! Remember your end goal and that this is a working process. Try not to think of it as a diet, it’s really a lifestyle change that will make your body healthier, stronger, more energetic and happier!
alright, thanks for reading!
“stop living to eat, start eating to live”
good luck ♡